Thursday, December 25, 2014

RICS mandatory competencies - Accounting

Accounting principles and procedures M001 (Minimum Level 1)

One of the subject in my diploma course was elementary accounting. I am also an avid investor in the stock-market, reading financial reports and attending AGM. Hence, I have gained a lot of knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts and the format and preparation of management and company accounts, including profit and loss statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets. I am able to interpret company accounts and balance sheets in my area of practice.  
I had to prepare monthly cash flow statement to client when I was a consultant. When I was working for construction company I was required to prepare and submit the monthly Revenue/Expense statement for cost control purpose and present the quarterly reporting to the top management at the head office. From here I had learn how to apply appropriate accounting and regulatory standards to my reporting.

REVENUE
Project Revenue Statement - Accumulative Certified Revenue to date (Before retention) :
Forecast Cashflow (up to-date)  c/o :
Forecast Claim (Net & Accumulative)
Actual   Claim (Net & Accumulative)
Architect's Certified amount (Net & Accumulative)

EXPENSES
Estimated Current Month Project Cost/Expense Statement c/o :
1)      Work Cost/Expense
Salaries, CPF, Quota Fee, Bonus, Incentive, Allowance etc 
Wages / FWL / Labour Supply
Labour Related Costs
Materials & other supplies (Purchase order only)
Fuel, PUB & Utilities
Small Tools & Equipment
Rental of Machinery & Equipment
Depreciation
Maintenance of Motor Vehicles & Equipment
Administration & Other Expenses (Excluding Head Office Management Expenses)
2)      Payment Summary For Sub-Contractor/Supplier
3)      Accrual Expense  Summary

4)      M & E  Works Payment 

No comments:

Post a Comment